Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 19

I have recovered from my brief lapse of madness and am now in a better place.  It helped that I had lunch with my friend and ex-boss, Jordan, and that the lunch included french fries. We dined at Alba, which if you happen to live in Des Moines I would definitely recommend during their lunch service.  I ate the hummus vegan burger and reveled in the marvelousness that is their french fries.  The only downer about lunch was when I asked if they had vegan mayo, they brought out soy mayo made out of eggs.  Dammit eggs - you are my bane of existence.  That and cheese, which obviously drives me to the brink of insanity.  Luckily I had french fries to regulate the brain chemistry.

I think I have to eat dinner before 6:30 pm in order to 1.) Not feel like I'm starving; and 2.) Not become a maniac.  Like a werewolf and the full moon almost.  Or a mogwai.  Yes, that is a much better analogy.  Tonight was good.  Jason made dinner, I washed dishes, Malea did homework, and Isaac turned around in circles trying to get dizzy while eating a banana.  Just another typical night in the Van Brocklin household.

Day 19 Menu:

  • Breakfast - Chocolate banana protein shake (so sad the chocolate almond milk ran out but we'll probably not purchase the Silk brand that has too much sugar) and english muffin w/ peanut butter
  • Lunch - Alba's hummus vegan curry burger with spinach and pickled beets; DIVINE french fries
  • Dinner - Grilled peppers, black beans, brown rice topped with salsa, cilantro, and green onion

No comments:

Post a Comment