Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 7

Wouldn't you know it, as week one closes out the cravings begin.  I had a lovely afternoon nap and dreamt of fried chicken. Seriously. Flaky, crispy fried chicken drumsticks to be exact.  You would think I'd be celebrating the 5.5 pounds lost this week and increased energy, but noooo....instead I am dreaming of fried chicken.  I asked Jason if this was normal and he assured me it was.  But I am 99% convinced he never had fried chicken dreams during his first week of going vegan.  I satisfied my craving with pita chips and hummus instead. Bleh.

I will try to have positive thoughts as I end the day.  Perhaps I'll look through the recipe book to see if there's any interesting ones to try out next week.  And there's always tomorrow.  A trip to Trader Joe's makes things much better.

Day 7 Menu:

  • Breakfast - Kashi Island Vanilla Shredded Wheat with blueberries and almondmilk
  • Snack - Banana
  • Lunch - Salad (mixed greens, mushrooms, red peppers, sprouts, red onion, sunflower seeds, almonds, and balsamic vinaigrette) and cup of tomato basil soup
  • Snack - Pita chips and hummus
  • Dinner - Quinoa, sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms, roasted butternut squash

No comments:

Post a Comment