Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 16

I am like the Energizer Bunny today.  After a rough start in the morning at work where I passive-aggressively emailed all of the people who did not come to the Roast or Toast party I threw yesterday to feel guilty and donate to The Project, I got over it and forged ahead like a Mack truck.  I edited grants and reports, reviewed financials, and 90% completed revisions to the 2011-2012 Board manual.  Then, I came home, cooked dinners for two evenings, made fresh guacamole, washed dishes and cleaned the kitchen.  Who the hell am I???

I am now sitting on the couch ruminating over two weeks ago when all I wanted to do was take a nap when I came home from work.  When I fed the kids pizza and chicken nuggets, no veggies, and minimal fruits.  When Jason suffered through meals with little options and I didn't care.  Okay, that last one was a little rough and only 75% true.  It feels good to be productive and awake.  Let's see what this last week brings as I round out my 21-day vegan experience.  I have a feeling I'm not gonna want to go back...well, at least all the way.

Day 16 Menu:

  • Breakfast - Chocolate banana protein shake w/ almondmilk; toasted pita with peanut butter
  • Lunch - Soy chorizo and grilled veggies tacos; salsa fresca with chips
  • Dinner - Veggie lentils (broccoli, carrots, celery, onion, tomato) and sauteed lemony kale

No comments:

Post a Comment