Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 14

Today marked the end of my second week of the new plant-based diet.  Total pounds lost: 10.  Changes in energy level: about 50% more energy. I'm not feeling sleepy when I get home from work.  I'm cooking again.  And we've spent a lot less on restaurants this month. Win win win win.

Dr. Neal Barnard, founder of Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine (pcrm.org), says that you should not use the word "vegan" as a noun.  Instead, use it as an adjective to describe your dietary choices rather than define who you are as a person.  I'm liking these changes I've made.  Are they easy changes? Hell no. But they aren't the hardest changes I've ever had to make either.

Day 14 Menu:

  • Breakfast - Chocolate banana protein shake w/ almondmilk; toast with peanut butter
  • Lunch - Pita pizza w/ hummus and sauteed veggies
  • Dinner - Basil fried rice w/ double veggies and no egg

No comments:

Post a Comment