Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 15

I woke up exhausted this morning.  In retrospect, I was already looking forward for the day to be over, partly since I was co-hosting a party for my ex-boss and partly because there was so much work to be done.  Jordan, my ex-boss, has a sister, Heidi, who is the most amazing cook.  I was her bitch in the kitchen yesterday, preparing mise en place, chopping veggies, opening cans.  What I loved most about Heidi's cooking is how harmonious everything was.  All the ingredients were interesting, natural (not much oil used at all), and very well-seasoned.  Heidi grows a garden with some cool herbs.  I had never heard of summer savory, but it made her salsa sing.

Being in Heidi's kitchen inspired me to make guacamole today on-site at the party.  There was no oil used, fresh avocados, tomato, cilantro, onion, freshly squeezed limes, and a pinch of cayenne.  It was the SHIT.  The event itself was awesome, although not well-attended but so much fun.  We co-hosts and our support systems worked together harmoniously (just like Heidi's cooking) to set up and clean afterwards.

And I found amazing soy chorizo that is my new obsession.

Day 15 Menu:

  • Breakfast - Chocolate peanut butter protein shake and toast w/ peanut butter
  • Lunch - Soy chorizo and grilled veggies taco; guacamole; three salsas with chips (salsa fresca, roasted tomatillo and apple, mango); mexican cinammon cookies
  • Dinner - Soy chorizo and grilled veggies taco; guacamole and salsa fresca w/ chips

No comments:

Post a Comment