Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 5

Back on track and completely meat-product free today.  I have to say I feel pretty good.  I was definitely much more mindful of the food I was eating, and cooking dinner with Jason was a great collaborative experience.  Dinner proved to be more of a challenge when we actually sat down to eat. Malea threw a fit about eating "sour" things on her plate, and I became my mother by loudly telling her, "Be lucky you have food to eat!"  Brought me back to memories of my dad trying to feed me chicken livers and me freaking out for hours.  Sorry Malea...well, kind of.  You are a bit of a drama queen.

Isaac, on the other hand, was much easier to deal with.  I only had to bribe him with the Wii to get him to eat all his vegetables.  If life were that easy all the time.

Day 5 Menu:

  • Breakfast - Kashi honey oats cereal with fresh raspberries and almondmilk
  • Snack - Pita chips, celery, and hummus
  • Lunch - Salad and cup of fresh fruit
  • Snack - Black grapes
  • Dinner - Black bean and corn salad, mango lime cilantro brown rice, salsa fresca, veggie flaxseed tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment