Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 4

Today I felt like giving this diet the big middle finger. Maybe it was because I was tired of spending the day with both my parents and two kids.  Or maybe it was Malea singing the entire Taylor Swift album in the car while I was driving home after an unsuccessful search for winter coats at Jordan Creek Mall.  Or maybe it was Jason's good-natured attempt to bring home vegan buttery spread (Yes, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter has buttermilk and cannot be considered vegan) and him not-so-gently reminding me that I need to read the labels for bread to make sure it doesn't have dairy or eggs.  The whole day just chapped my ass.

The only hopeful thing that happened today was my attempt at making homemade veggie soup for my father, who has proclaimed he's coming down with a cold.  When we drove home from the mall, he asked me in the car, "Do you have any Campbell's soup at home?"  I scoffed and told him I could do WAY better than Campbell's soup.  And after he ate, he agreed.  Right answer, Dad.

Day 4 Menu:

  • Breakfast - Vegan zucchini bread, mangoes, peanut butter banana smoothie
  • Lunch - Basil fried rice 
  • Dinner - Tuscan vegetable soup, ciabbatta bread, Earth Balance spread (vegan)

No comments:

Post a Comment