Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 2

I gotta admit I was really hungry when I went to bed last night.  Not that it helped staying up until midnight to watch a bad movie ("Wolverine" if you must know), but the tummy was rumbling a bit. Today was better as I learned how to balance snacking throughout the day while not gorging on huge meals.

I got my chef on for dinner tonight.  The parents drove all the way from Cali to visit, well-prepared of the dietary changes and took the dinner I created in stride.  And, to top it off, I made homemade bread.  If you know me at all you know that I do NOT make homemade bread.

Only snaffoo of the evening came when I was preparing salmon for my parents and the kiddos (they each got a little piece), and I unthinkingly stuck the fork I was using to cut their cooked fish into my mouth.  It's a mom thing and it's as second nature as licking your hand and wiping goo off your kid's chin.  Or picking their bat in the cave.  When the fork entered my mouth it was somewhat of an out-of-body experience, like I was looking at myself accidentally eating salmon juice and shrieking like I was about to swallow glass.  Okay, maybe not that dramatic, but it did make me curious and slightly amused about this new-found awareness of things I put in my mouth. Insert dirty joke here.

Day 2 Menu:

  • Breakfast - Blueberry Cinnamon Wheat Puff Cereal w/ Almondmilk
  • Snack - Wasabi peas
  • Lunch - Grilled veggies, lime cilantro rice, black beans
  • Snack - Carrots, roasted garlic hummus, sea salt pita chips
  • Dinner - Sauteed kale w/ garlic and red pepper; veggie lentils w/ broccoli, carrots, celery, and tomatoes; watermelon
  • Snack - Half a slice of homemade vegan zucchini cranberry walnut bread

2 comments:

  1. That bread sounds awesome...can you post a link to the recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure. http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/?p=777. The only thing I don't like is that it has a lot of sugar in it. Might try playing around with less sugar or replacing with agave nectar.

    ReplyDelete