Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 3

Dammit. Three days and a meat product finds its way into my mouth. Granted, it was by accident. I went out to eat for lunch with my parents and my son, Isaac, at Dos Rios today and rightfully ordered a salad and mushroom tacos. Delicious. Then, Malea had soccer practice tonight and didn't finish until near 7 pm, so we again went out to eat at Cafe Fuzion.  I ordered my favorite Basil Fried Rice and opted for double veggies instead of chicken.  But they still snuck in the damn egg that my previous meat-eater mind never remembered was there in the first place.  I could have sent it back but I have to admit a tiny (well, not so tiny) part of me didn't really mind. Until I felt Jason's judging eyes on me.  Okay, maybe he wasn't really judging me and that was the guilt playing stories in my head.  I still felt judged.  When I asked, "Would you have sent it back?" he replied, "Hmmmmmmm. I don't know what I would have done" judgmentally.  I know Jason will read this blog and deny everything.  Probably rightfully so since it is just the guilt talking smack in my head.

Damn eggs. Moral of the story: Don't eat out two times in one day. You're bound to eat egg that you didn't think would be there.  Optional moral of the story: Read the menu, moron.

Day 3 Menu:

  • Breakfast - Vegan zucchini bread and mangoes
  • Snack - Hummus, carrots, and sea salt pita chips
  • Lunch - Dos Rios: mushroom tacos (no crema or cheese) and side salad, guacamole with chips
  • Dinner - Cafe Fuzion: basil fried rice with double veggies and (dammit) egg

No comments:

Post a Comment