Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 8

Snack was the word of the day.  Or maybe chili.  Or French Toast.  I suppose French Toast actually accounts for two words.  Either way, today was filled with deliciousness and no cravings whatsoever.  I did eat like a pregnant person though.  And by that I mean I ate everything in sight.

Jason rocked my world this morning by cooking a vegan vanilla French Toast topped with fresh raspberries and grilled bananas.  Seriously, who can ask for a better husband?  Then, all afternoon the house smelled up with vegetarian chili goodness.  It was a perfect day for chili - cold, rainy, blah outside.  The kind of day where you lay on the couch in your pajamas, looking at old baby pictures of the kiddos and watching movies all day long.  Perfect.

Nutritionally, I could have done better.  Like I said, there were snacks all day long, but I'll just blame this on my animal instinct of pre-hibernation before the cold winter settles in.

Day 8 Menu:

  • Breakfast - The hubby's fabulous vegan vanilla french toast w/ fresh raspberries, grilled banana, and warm maple syrup (The kids went nuts over this recipe)
  • Lunch - Whole wheat spaghetti w/ kale and zucchini
  • Snack - Air-popped popcorn tossed w/ melted vegan Earth Balance spread and salt
  • Snack - Salsa fresca and veggie flaxseed tortilla chips (SO delicious!)
  • Dinner - Veggie chili (celery, corn, onions, peppers, chopped tomatoes), Fritos corn chips, Tofutti's vegan Better than Sour Cream



No comments:

Post a Comment