Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 7

Week 7 begins with a nice hot cup of coffee and soy chorizo roasted potato breakfast tacos. Can't complain.  It was in the mid-70s today but I stayed inside and transformed into Suzy Homemaker.  Part of that included soaking white beans overnight and making a rustic bean and mushroom casserole topped with tasty homemade sage breadcrumbs and served with tomato basil quinoa.  Simultaneously, I was roasting anaheim chiles to make potato and kale enchiladas (which incidentally are even more orgasmic with the addition of soy chorizo).  Finally, I made not one but TWO batches of vegan cupcakes - pumpkin chocolate chip with cinnamon glaze and vanilla almond with dark chocolate ganache.

I am noticing a trend with my cooking habits.  I become very inspired over the weekend after browsing through my borrowed vegan cookbooks, this weekend especially "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World", then want to cook until I literally need to sit down.  I believe I was in the kitchen for four hours straight this morning and it was joyous.  Jason took the kids to the library for the afternoon, so after cooking I finished the laundry and cleaned the house.  Then, I celebrated by watching an episode of The Walking Dead, which is really not cool after you've been cooking all day to see mashed up zombies on T.V.

I will take the two full meals cooked today and celebrate over the abundant leftovers so that I don't have to cook more than a couple of more times this week for the family.  Jason put the kabosh on my cupcake baking mania by throwing my favorite mixing bowls in the dishwasher.  Done and done.


No comments:

Post a Comment