Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 5 (ok, really only 4.5 since it's only Monday)

I have been a cooking fool for the past couple of days.  As the haze of dairy left my head, I perused "Veganomicon" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero and found some amazing recipes to try out.  First up were the Potato and Kale Enchiladas with Roasted Chile Sauce.  Holy shit, these took forever to make, but were completely worth the two hours of cook time.  Maybe it's because I'm only a novice in the kitchen but I made these on a Sunday night and went to bed exhausted.  However, I had two enchiladas for lunch today and nearly orgasmed.  If you want to have a similar experience (which really, who can resist a meal that brings you close to climax?) here's the recipe: http://epicureanvegan.com/2011/04/28/potato-and-kale-enchiladas/



Then, tonight I attempted another Veganomicon recipe requiring me to make fresh pesto.  Basil cilantro pesto as a matter of fact, with roasted mushrooms, artichokes and linguine.  Score again!  And it was not 2 hours in the kitchen.  The recipe is here, but I added the roasted mushrooms: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/SPINACH-LINGUINE-WITH-BASIL-CILANTRO-PESTO-AND-ARTICHOKES-50035577.  I added a side salad of fresh mixed greens and sorrel.  The best part about these two past meals was that I used many of the fresh ingredients we picked up at the Homestead Farm, our local CSA, on Saturday.  The potatoes, herbs, kale, onions, peppers, greens, and sorrel were all from the farm, many we picked from the field on Saturday.  To top it off, I found soy ice cream that is delectable.  You can't imagine how happy this makes me.

It's gonna be a good foodie week, I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment