Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 6

My body revolted today against all the dairy I had been glutting during the weekend.  It started innocently enough last Friday with a craving for a burger and milkshake, so I had a black bean veggie burger and pumpkin milkshake at Drake Diner with the family.  Then on Saturday, I indulged in coffee creamer in my early morning cup o' joe and a bit of cheese on my lunch sandwich.  Then, Saturday night, Jason and I went to Centro on a surprise post-anniversary dinner.  I had the Pizza Blanco, a concoction of riccotta, roasted garlic, and fresh tomato.  Saturday was a dairy free-for-all.  But I didn't stop there.

On Sunday Jason made a rockin' batch of veggie chili and I ruined it by topping it off with cheese.  Then today, Monday, I stayed home with Malea (who is currently suffering through ANOTHER ear infection) and we had cheese pizza.  That's when my tummy said, "Enough!"  Not sure if you have ever experienced your stomach actually turning on you, but it is not pleasant.  After the fourth trip to the bathroom, I promptly ran outside and threw the rest of the pizza away.

I had done so well last week.  I even made a pound of tofu and cup of cashews serve as a substitute for ricotta cheese.  To clarify, tofu is one of my four dreaded things I do NOT eat.  In repentance, I made an amazing dairy-free, fall veggie bounty dinner (that is acorn squash with vegan "butter" and brown sugar, roasted garlicky green beans, and caramelized onion and mushroom quinoa).  And I am swearing off cheese for the rest of the week.  I'm hoping that will be enough for the old tummy to forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment