Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 3 Reboot

Today started off fairly well. It was a little hectic getting going since Jason and I decided to enjoy sleep rather than early preparedness. The result was teamwork, with me cutting up fruit and veg for the juice and him sticking everything in the juicer and cleaning up afterward. My hands looked like I strangled a skinless animal from all the beet juice. Gross.

At work, I shared the bounty of beet juice with my fellow staff members, who were surprised that it actually tasted decent. I know. I was the same way. I had taken one whiff of that Sunset Blend the first time we made it and gagged. But, after sipping on it apprehensively, I and my coworkers both had the same reaction...Mmmm, tasty juice!

Then I came home zapped of energy this afternoon, only to have to face Fareway to pick up necessities for the Valentine's Day menu I have planned.  Fareway is a shit-storm in the evening.  I was strolling through the dressing aisle and ran into a woman in a tube top and Green Bay Packers jacket yelling at her boyfriend/husband/baby daddy that he needed to come home from his "whore's house" and take care of his kids.  That wasn't even the worst of it.  My craving for carbs this evening has turned me into this:


Yes, that is a pouting baby.  A pouting baby who stupidly pushed her cart through the bread and chip aisle of Fareway and could not bring herself to leave.  Smelling the bread made me feel better.

I'm not even really that hungry.  I don't feel crappy, just a little tired, but man my mood is foul.  I'm hoping for the sake of my family and my coworkers that sleep and a smoothie laden with fruit and honey will make the bad mood go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment